RUN TO REMEMBER A VETERAN!!!
The 11th Annual Run to Remember 5K is going virtual for 2020! Runners and walkers of all skill levels and ages are invited to participate. Participants will receive a race bib and gaiter and can engage in either a 5K run or 1.4 mile walk category. Kids can join too by participating in the Kids Fun Run / Dash. There’s plenty of time to complete the walk/run. The Virtual R2R will take place from October 3rd - 11th.
Our race will honor all Active, Reserve, and Guard members and veterans who served our country in the past. Each participant is encouraged to wear the name of a veteran they wish to honor; however, the Post will stand ready to provide names if the runner does not personally know a veteran. Select a veteran's name now.
Through our annual carnival, summer cruise nights, and Run to Remember 5k, we are able to maintain our Post home, community programs, and veteran support. Our mission is to foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts and to serve our veterans, the military and our communities and advocate on behalf of all veterans.
Please help us continue this mission and register today. Thank you for your support.
We appreciate your contributions! All donations can be given online or mailed to:
VFW Post 5594
PO Box 472
Upton, MA 01568
Event details and schedule
- You choose your own 5K running or 1.4M walking course. We recommend planning your course ahead of time by using a site (or app) like MapMyRun.com or onthegomap.com.
- We’re using the honor system for run times but feel free to use a running app such as Strava, Map My Run, or Garmin.
- 5k race & 1.4m walker registration price is $20.
- For children 12 and under
- Kids Dash registration is an optional purchase with any 5K or walker registration. Or you can register kids separately if adult is not a participant.
- Kids registration includes a Kids Dash bib and neck gaiter / buff.
- Recommended distance of 400 meters (1 track lap) or 50-yard dash depending on age.
- Kids Fun Run / Dash cost is $7.
- Prizes will be given (mailed) to 1st Place male and female 5K runners!
- Running/walking bibs and neck gaiter / buff to all registered participants.
- Choose whether to pick-up (on Friday, October 2nd from 5 - 7pm or Saturday, October 3rd from 10am-12pm) or have them mailed to your home.
- Pick-up location: Upton VFW Post 5594, 15 Milford Street, Upton, MA 01568.
A few other notes:
- Run or walk your distance between 10/3/20 and 10/11/20.
- Send your run time (or screen shot from your favorite running app) and/or photos of you participating to Post5594@vfwma.org by 5PM on 10/11/2020 (optional).
- Send photos of the Veteran that you are remembering!
- Share your photos on our event page on Facebook.
Race Contact Info
If you have any questions about this race, please contact the race coordinator by email.
Follow this event on Facebook. Don't forget to invite your friends!